Saturday, August 13, 2011

In progress - Cygnar!

This is certainly out of left field!

While cleaning out my closet the other night, I stumbled across a Cygnar Battlebox I purchased on Amazon years ago. I had always put them on the 'to do' list, but never got around to painting them. In the case of Cygnar, I really like the look of the warjacks, they've got clean lines and lots of potential to look great.  To make things even better, a few years ago I received Cygnar sword knights as a birthday gift. In for a penny, in for a pound I say - let's paint'em up!

While researching a color palette, I stumbled across this article on the very excellent Brush Thralls site. ArkenTyre gives a good run down of how he painted the models in the Privateer Press studio paint scheme. Since this is the scheme I wanted as well, this site has been a great resource to me whilst painting.

I'll also be using these models as a chance to work with painting additives, namely matte medium and metal medium.

Here's a WIP for Cygnar Ironclad





No comments:

Post a Comment