Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Heroes of Armageddon!

Photo: Dave Taylor. Painted: By me! :)

A few months ago, the superlative hobbyist (and all around great guy) Dave Taylor e-mailed me, and asked if I would join up with Team Taylor for the Heroes of Armageddon project. For the uninitiated, the Heroes of Armageddon project is a gaming community charity effort for Doctor's Without Borders, an amazing charity with a much needed global mission.


Truth be told, I was wondering if he'd e-mailed the right guy - maybe he knew another Joe who was a decent hobbyist! Alas, Dave doesn't, and lo' and behold, I gladly enlisted to paint 10 Steel Legion imperial guardsmen. I'd never painted a guardsmen in my life for 40k - I was more of a space marine guy, but I think the 10 I slapped paint on came out alright. They're simple models to paint and assemble, and the Steel Legion sculpts look really good.

Had I known I was even going to start a hobbying blog, I would have done WiP pictures, but alas, I didn't.

It was a genuine pleasure to be a part of the project, and who doesn't love doing good works for charity?

No comments:

Post a Comment